Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Case of the Januaries



Alright guys, I have a confession to make. I have the Januaries...bad. It has been two straight months of cold. I don't mean that Southern cold where it gets down to 25 degrees, there is less than one inch of snow, no wind, and EVERYONE PANICS. Schools close, there is NO TRAVEL ADVISED, everyone rushes to the store and buys ALL. THE. FOOD. Come on guys- That weather is for out door skating and snow ball fights.

Here it has been below 0 more than it has been above. There have been more cancellations at UND in the last two months than in all the years I went there. It has reached -50 (with wind chill) seemingly every other week- with a blizzard just about as often. And our offices DON'T EVER CLOSE.

So I have skipped my sunday skate way too much. I have missed out on fun get togethers. All I feel like doing is sitting on my couch with a blanket, a book, and cocoa. Or watching Sherlock. Or anything that doesn't involve me going outside any more than absolutely neccessary.

BUT this has to stop because all this whining is making me feel like a namby-pamby and the Frozen Tundra, as I so affectionatley refer to NODAK, doesn't seem to be thawing anytime soon.

~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment