Monday, January 6, 2014

25 by 30





I celebrated my 25th birthday on New Years Eve and despite the fact that I felt like I was turning ancient-don't worry I was informed differently- I had an amazing night with some of my best friends/family.  They showed me that turning another year older isn't the end to the dreams I had growing up but a beginning of new dreams and adventures. Because of this I decided to make a list of my silly, fun, important, and far-fetched dreams(or goals) for the next 5 years.



1. Have a fun and as stress free as possible wedding
2. Go on a boundry waters trip or to Glacier National Park
3. Go back to Europe (specifically Scotland or Prague)
4. Make a pie from scratch
5. Run a 5k straight
6. Run a 10k straight
7. Learn how to cook tofu to the right consistency
8. Read Les Mis- I have been putting it off even though I really want to read it!
9. Retake up yoga and stick to it
10. Go to at least one craft beer festival
11. Start investing some money
12. Go to Seattle, or Portland, or some Western American city that isn't Las Vegas.
13. Build a rink in my best friends back yard- oh wait we did that :)
14. Go skating in Central Park
15. Watch the ball drop in NYC on New Years
16. Learn how to make lefse
17. Be published- at least once in a printed publication
18. Find a cause to volunteer for
19. Visit my brother in MO (more than once would be nice)
20. Go to the Winter Hockey Classic with the Klaus's
21.Keep the same pair of mittens for more than one winter
22. Buy a house or move somewhere ridiculously cool (or both)
23. Go fishing up at Lake of the Woods at least once a year
24. Go to the Christmas Markets in Germany
25. Have date nights with my fiance once a week, even after we are married
Will I accomplish all of these by the time the ball drops on January 1, 2019?  Maybe, or maybe not.  I'll keep you posted.

**Below is us on the backyard hockey rink in Mia's back yard- BEST IDEA EVER.  I have phenomenal friends**

        

No comments:

Post a Comment