Friday, November 22, 2013

Homemade Soup~YUM



Soup has always been my favorite cold, blustery, blizard-like weather food. When I was growing up my dad made THE best venison stew. It would last us for a week of dinners and was always so filling you never needed more than one bowl. Because of this, I prefer my soup more stew-like in consistency. In recent years soup, more specifically chili, has become the meal of choice to accompany watching Sunday football or hockey games at Mia's house.  This meal is usually accompanied by cornbread-Mia and I insist on this. However, since going vegetarian my homemade soup consumption has been lacking. I have tried canned soup for a quick fix, but it really isn't the same. So one day, after a co-worker was discussing their homemade chicken noodle soup, I decided to try cooking some vegetable soup.

So now canned soup is officially ruined for me. In the last 9 days I have made soup twice, meaning I have had soup for at least one meal 5 out of 9 days. It is ridiculously delicious, easy and quick to make, and there are leftovers-FYI leftovers are my FAVORITE meal, strange I know but I get it from my father. So, now I have my cold weather fix and don't have to settle for anything less than delicious:) br />

~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment